Gossip is a feature within the quiki webserver that implements decentralized load balancing.
Here's how it works.
- User edits a page either with a text editor or online with adminifier.
- User publishes the change to the public version of the site.
- The built-in file monitor detects this change and begins serving it locally.
- The built-in git agent pushes this change to a remote.
- Gossip notifies other servers within the load balancing pool that new changes have been published.
- Other servers fetch the latest from the remote.
- Other servers begin serving the updated content.
This allows very simple and thoughtless load balancing. Make the changes once; let the Gossip spread to take care of the rest.